1. Information about the collection of personal data and contact information of the responsibleparty.
We are pleased that you are visiting our website, and we thank you for your interest. In thefollowing, we inform you about how your personal data is handled when you use our website. By”personal data” we mean any data with which you could be personally identified.
The person responsible for data processing on this website, for the purposes of the General DataProtection Regulation (GDPR), is Dr. Alex Schneider, President of the Board of Life4me.plus tofight AIDS, Hepatitis C and Tuberculosis e.V., Dragonerstrasse 53, 5600, Lenzburg, SwitzerlandTel: 0041 62 892 24 90, e-mail: email@example.com. Registered at the Commercial Register Office (Handelsregisteramt) of the Canton of Aargau(Switzerland) under No. CHE-281.077.177. The person responsible for the processing of personaldata is the natural person or legal entity who, alone or together with others, makes decisionsregarding the purposes and means of processing personal data.
For security reasons and to protect the transmission of personal data and other confidentialcontent (e.g. orders or inquiries to the person responsible), this website uses SSL or TLSencryption. You can recognize an encrypted connection by the string “https://” and the lock iconin your browser’s address bar.
The processing and storage of the data provided take place in data centers in Slovakia, where the equipment is located to ensure the functioning of the site services. The provided data is processed and stored in a database. Technical methods are used to protect against unauthorized access to the database, including firewall and encryption.
2. Data collection when you visit our website
When using our website for information purposes only, i.e. if you do not register or otherwiseprovide us with information, we only collect the data that your browser transmits to our server(so-called “server log files”) or that is collected by our partners (e.g. Google Analytics) onour behalf. When you visit our website, we collect the following data that is technicallynecessary for us to display the website to you:
- Our visited website
- Date and time of access
- Amount of data sent, in bytes
- Source/reference from which you accessed the page
- Browser used
- Operating system used
- IP address used (in anonymized form, where applicable)
Processing is carried out in accordance with regulation 6.1.f of the GDPR, based on our legitimate interest in improving the stability and functionality of our website. The data will not be passed on or used in any other way. We reserve the right, however, to check the server log files subsequently, in the event that concrete evidence should indicate illegal use.
In order to make your visit to our website more pleasant, and to enable you to use certain functions, we use so-called “cookies” on certain pages. These are small text files that are stored on your end device. Some of the cookies we use are deleted after the browser session,that is, after you close your browser. These are known as “session cookies”. Other cookies remain on your end device and enable us or our partner-companies (“third-party cookies”) to recognize your browser on your next visit (“persistent cookies”). If cookies are used, they collect and process certain user information on an individual level, such as browser and location data, as well as IP addresses. Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a predetermined period, which may vary depending on the cookie in question.
If personal data is also processed by individual cookies implemented by us, the processing is carried out in accordance with regulation 6.1.f of the GDPR to preserve our legitimate interests in the best possible functionality of the website and a customer-friendly and efficient design of the page-visit.
In some circumstances, we work together with partners who help us to make our Internet offerings more interesting for you. For this purpose, cookies from partner-companies (third-party cookies)are also stored on your hard disk when you visit our website. If we work together with the above-mentioned partners, you will be informed individually and separately of the implementation of such cookies and the scope of information collected by them in the following paragraphs. Please note that you can adjust your browser’s settings so that you are informed about the placement of cookies, allowing you to decide individually on whether to accept them or to deactivate the acceptance of cookies, either in certain cases or completely. Each browser differs in the way it handles cookie settings. This is described in the Help menu of each browser, which explains how to adjust your cookie settings. You can find these instructions for each browser under the following links:
Please note that the functionality of our website may be limited if cookies are not accepted.
4. Establishment of contact
Personal data is collected if contact is made with us (e.g. via contact form or email). In thecase of contact forms, the data collected can be seen on the form in question. This data isstored and used solely for the purpose of responding to your inquiry or for establishingcontact, and for the technical administration associated therewith. The legal basis for the dataprocessing is our legitimate interest in responding to your inquiry in accordance withregulation 6.1.f of the GDPR. Your data will be deleted afterfinal processing, if you wish.
5. Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc., 1600 AmphitheatreParkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”,which are text files stored on your computer, making it possible to analyze how you use thewebsite. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including yourshortened IP address) will generally be transmitted to and stored on a Google-owned server inthe United States.
This website uses Google Analytics exclusively with the extension “_anonymizeIp()”, whichensures anonymization of the IP address by shortening it, and precludes any direct associationwith an individual. Google will use this extension to shorten your IP address within the memberstates of the European Union or in other states that are signatories to the Agreement on theEuropean Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to aGoogle server in the USA, and shortened there. In these exceptional cases, this processing iscarried out in accordance with regulation 6.1.f of the GDPR, on the legal basis of ourlegitimate interest in the statistical analysis of user behavior for the purposes of marketingand optimization.
On our behalf, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, compilereports on website activity and provide us with other services relating to website usage andInternet usage. The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics is notamalgamated with other data from Google. You can prevent the storage of cookies by setting yourbrowser application accordingly; however, we would like to point out that you may not be able touse all the functions of this website to the full extent if you do so. You can also preventGoogle from acquiring and processing cookie-generated data relating to your use of the website(including your IP address) by downloading and installing the browser plugin available at thefollowing link:https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
As an alternative to the browser plugin, or within browsers on mobile devices, please click onthe following link to place an opt-out-cookie that prevents Google Analytics from collectingdata within this website in the future (this opt-out cookie only works in this browser, and onlyfor this domain; if you delete your cookies in this browser, you must click the following linkagain): disable Google Analytics.
Google LLC, based in the USA, is certified with the US-European data-protection agreement”Privacy Shield”, which guarantees compliance with the data protection level applicable in theEU. For more information on how Google Analytics treats user data, please see the Google privacypolicy:https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en
6. Google reCAPTCHA
On this website we also use the reCAPTCHA function of Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway,Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”). This function is mainly used to determine whether anentry has been made by a human or, improperly, by a machine using an automated procedure. Theservice includes sending the IP address and any other data required by Google for the reCAPTCHAservice to Google, and is carried out in accordance with regulation 6.1.f of the GDPR on thebasis of our legitimate interest in determining the individual intentionality of actions on theInternet and the avoidance of abuse and spam.
Google LLC, based in the USA, is certified with the US-European data-protection agreement”Privacy Shield”, which guarantees compliance with the data protection level applicable in theEU.
7. Your Rights as a “Data Subject”
With regard to the processing of your personal data, the applicable data-protection law grantsyou comprehensive rights (rights of information and intervention) as a “data subject”, in yourrelationship with the “data controller”. We inform you about these rights below:
- Right to information, pursuant to Article 15 of the GDPR: Most notably, you have a right to information regarding your personal data processed by us, the purposes of this processing, the categories of personal data processed, the recipients or categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period or the criteria for determining the storage period, the existence of a right to correction, deletion, restriction of processing, objection to processing, appeal to a supervisory authority, the origin of your data if it has not been collected by us from you, the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, where applicable, significant information regarding the reasoning involved and the scope and desired effects of such processing concerning you, as well as your right to be informed of the guarantees contained in Article 46 of the GDPR when your data is redirected to third countries;
- Right to correction, in accordance with Article 16 of the GDPR: You have the right to immediate correction of incorrect data relating to you and/or completion of your incomplete data stored by us;
- Right to deletion in accordance with Article 17 of the GDPR: You have the right to demand deletion of your personal data when the conditions of Article 17, paragraph 1 of the GDPR are met. However, this right shall not exist, in particular, if the processing is essential to the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information or to compliance with a legal obligation, or if processing is necessary for reasons of public interest, or for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- Right to restrict the processing pursuant to Article 18 of the GDPR: 18 GDPR: You have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data as long as the contested accuracy of your data is verified, if you refuse to delete your data due to impermissible data-processing and, instead, request restriction of the processing of your data, if you need your data to assert, exercise or defend legal claims, once we no longer need this data after its purpose has been served or if you have filed an objection for reasons based on your specific situation, as long as it has not yet been determined whether our legitimate reasons outweigh this;
- Right to notification, pursuant to Article 19 of the GDPR: If you have asserted your right to correction, deletion or restriction of processing to the data controller, that party is obliged to inform all recipients to whom personal data that concerns you has been disclosed of this data-correction, data-deletion or processing-restriction, unless this proves impossible or involves a disproportionate effort. It is your right to be informed regarding such recipients;
- Right to data portability, pursuant to Article 20 of the GDPR: You have the right to receive the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request its transfer to another controller, if this is technically feasible;
- Right to withdrawal of consent pursuant to Article 7, paragraph 3 of the GDPR: You have the right to withdraw previously issued consent to the processing of data at any time, with effect for the future. If you withdraw consent, we will promptly delete the data concerned, provided that there is no legal basis for us to process the data further without your consent. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the legality of processing based on consent before the withdrawal thereof;
- Right to lodge a complaint pursuant to Article 77 of the GDPR: If you believe that the processing of personal data concerning you is contrary to the GDPR, you have the right -irrespective of any other administrative or judicial remedy – to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, specifically, in the member state in which you reside, work or where the suspected infringement took place.
IF, WITHIN THE CONTEXT OF A CONSIDERATION OF INTERESTS, WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA ON THEBASIS OF OUR PREDOMINANT LEGITIMATE INTEREST, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO OBJECT TO THIS PROCESSING ATANY TIME, WITH EFFECT FOR THE FUTURE, ON GROUNDS ARISING FROM YOUR SPECIFIC SITUATION.
IF YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT OF OBJECTION, WE WILL CEASE PROCESSING THE DATA CONCERNED. HOWEVER,WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO FURTHER PROCESSING IF WE CAN PROVE COMPELLING REASONS FOR PROCESSINGWHICH ARE WORTHY OF PROTECTION AND WHICH OUTWEIGH YOUR INTERESTS, FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS ANDFREEDOMS, OR IF THE PROCESSING SERVES TO ASSERT, EXERCISE OR DEFEND LEGAL RIGHTS.
IF WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO OBJECT ATANY TIME TO THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA CONCERNING YOU FOR THE PURPOSE OF SUCH ADVERTISING.THE USER CAN EXERCISE THE RIGHT OF OBJECTION AS DESCRIBED ABOVE. IF YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT OFOBJECTION, WE WILL CEASE PROCESSING THE DATA CONCERNED FOR DIRECT-MARKETING PURPOSES.
8. Duration of storage of personal data
The duration of the storage of personal data is determined by the legal retention period inquestion (e.g. commercial and tax retention periods). After the expiration of this period, thedata in question is routinely deleted, provided that it is no longer necessary forcontract-fulfillment or -initiation, and/or provided that we have no legitimate interest incontinuing to store it.